Dr. Shalini Kapoor Kad
Dec. 17, 2010
A homoeopathic paediatrician, a counselling expert and a freelance writer are a few words to describe my profession. My sole aim is to put forth practical piece of information that guides every one right in the direction, blending the medicos to a layman with a simple gesture to make the medical things a little less convoluted and comprehendible.
Worldwide jogging is supposed to be quite a workout. Not everyone will recommend for weight training or hitting the gym often but they surely do shake their heads on walking and jogging. All it needs is willing mind, jogging shoes and some time.
Just like any other regime a jog too has its own pros and cons. The following piece of information is to educate on the possibilities and limitations of the same to every reader:
The benefits attached
- The regular boost in circulation keeps the basal metabolic rate on a high. A high BMR help regulate and never let lethargy take over us
- With constant physical activity the food taken on daily basis keeps digested and utilised regularly keeping the weight scales on the low side. If adopted in conjunction with food jog can give miraculous results for sure. Dieticians often recommend jogging to keep things under control. Less weight means lesser stress on the weight bearing joints and there of
- Stress levels keep down. With physical activity the body tends to stimulate on the feel good factors keeping one elated. Here a simple jog can leave one absolutely stress free and no tension to surmount. A jog allows one to seep in calmness within the existing demanding surroundings. It is like spending time with own.
- One can apply other therapies too with jog. The most common to name would be music. Music therapy has proved it worth time to time and with jog it has proved wonders to settle senses in a peaceful manner. A healthy active hour from the whole 24 hour vicious cycle is the hour to be with you. Music therapy heals and the factors stimulate aiding mental harmony on wholesome
- Constipation: with active lifestyle constipation is not to name. Jogging promotes intestinal activity and keeps hard stools at bay
- Sleep improves: studies have shown that people who are active seldom report of insomnia as compared to the sedentary ones.
- Digestion improves, as mentioned above the active body allows better digesting all food and letting it consume all the goodness poured in.
- The benefit is that anyone at any age can jog. All one need is to be careful and vigilant.
Though jogging is no harm but it too has its limitations:
- It is not fro people suffering joint issues. The weight bearing joints that pain would never be able to take the jogging stress. Once settled with aches one can jog but only in a limited frame to keep the flare ups controlled.
- For pregnancy too jogging is not an advisory and if so it must be done very carefully and under guidance. Rather walking is a better option to follow within the 9 months that too under medical expertise.
Just put on your shoes and jog everyday set a time and make it a routine. May it be cold or snowing does try to jog at least 4 days a week for 40 minutes each time. Try improving your speed with time.
Also remember over jogging after a heavy meal or after a late night party is no good, just do what you were doing and the extra will shed soon.